Sunday, March 22, 2009

Wine Country

So today was my first official experience of a wine tour. I already love wine...I can buy a bottle on the way home and finish it within the night (with a little help from my roomie of course, sharing is caring).

The only little setback were the faint remnants of my hangover from Friday night. That was a binge to remember, and I always remember my drunken nights...So I hopped on the LIRR with a bit of queasiness and met up with friends to drive off to Wine Heaven. I was still feeling slightly off upon arriving at the first stop, but oddly enough after tasting 5 different wines I felt great. The queasiness completely went away. (note to self: can wine tasting be my cure for ending hangovers?)

Today was definitely a day of firsts: first time eating tomato preserves, first time eating homemade cheese, first time having linguisa sausage (which we randomly cooked at a random little park barbecue pit) I also learned that despite my love of sweets, sweet wines are not my favorite and in fact make me more nauseous. In total, I believe we stopped at 4 places and I enjoyed all of them. If I had a car and a comfortable stream of income, I would be a a fucking wino....

No comments:

Post a Comment